Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wednesday, Wednesday

Wednesday needs a good title.  Somebody throw me a line here.

As is true with most of my life, the Days of the Week posts came about accidentally.  Let's just say they are a tribute to my friend Carey.  You can ask her why.

But really, it's just kind of happened this way.  For a very unstructured (ahem) person, this is a pretty good plan.  It keeps me in line.  So, in the interest of full-disclosure, Wednesday will be the day I write about "running the race."  In case you've missed it, "the race" is a reference to this verse:

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Hebrews 12:1

I wrote about the verse once, here.

It has been brought to my attention that by writing only about food and cooking food and boys and all the random randomness that captures my brain, I am not putting forth me in the most honest and forthright manner.  You see, this race is my life's priority (even when it's not), and as such, it is my desire to use my words to that end.

So.  I hope you'll read on Wednesdays.  My God is up to something over here, and when He's up to something, it's always good.

2 comments:

  1. I've been feeling the same way. Things are definitely getting shifted and moved around. So I look forward to your Wednesday Wanderings in the Word (oh how I love alliteration!) (Wednesday's Insights, Wordy Wednesdays (see what I did there?)) because you have an ability to present complex concepts in such an approachable way. I'm along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete