Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

What I'm cooking: Chicken Week

I really should start writing an end-of-week confessional post that details for you:

a) whether I actually cooked what was on the menu
b) if (and how badly) I messed up any given meal

Maybe I'll start that this week.  For now, though, I'm all bright and shiny and hopeful (and no, I haven't yet been to the commissary).  And the menu is......

For the little get-together I'm hosting tomorrow
-Spinach and goat cheese fritatta
-Cranberry scones with white chocolate icing (Okay, so I'm not actually making these.  My friend Mike from De Rubeen's cafe is making them for me.)
-A lovely wild rice chicken salad (recipe courtesy of the lovely Charlotte)
-Some Yummy Cheese (which I will find today) and crackers

If you can come, please do!  My house, 11:00, Monday.

For the always-starving crowd (in no particular order)
  • Masala-Glazed Winter Veggies (thanks, Cher!)
  • Spicy Sausage Kale Soup (thanks, Rani!)
  • Pastor Ryan's Tikka Masala, which is seriously the best thing I have ever tasted.  I dream about Pastor Ryan's Tikka Masala.  I sub fat free 1/2 & 1/2 for the cream, but otherwise follow his instructions to the letter. Please make this, and please use turmeric and peas in your rice.  Please?
  • Homemade chicken noodle soup.  Maybe even from a whole chicken.  
  • Pizza.  Of course.  Type to be determined by my mood.
  • Chicken enchiladas.  My recipe, at boys' request.
  • Some kind of breakfast casserole.  Maybe this one, maybe not.
  • A big, healthy salad...something interesting to go with enchiladas that will keep me from eating six pounds of tortilla chips.
  • Pico de gallo for small group (home group?) Mexican fiesta Monday night.
I just went back to edit and realized it's a very chicken-heavy menu.  I wonder why I didn't see that yesterday when I was slaving over recipes and trying to make decisions..  Oh, well.   We'll call it Chicken Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment