Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Random Wednesday

This is an unbaked bbq chicken pizza.  I made an ultra-healthy whole wheat crust because I was feeling chubby (notice the ultra-healthy salad in the background).  The Wonder Hub, always helpful with the cooking feedback (and accustomed to this pizza crust), said, "Don't ever do that again."

I'll do it again.

I'm making Autumn Soup tonight, with Mel's Famous Rolls.  All Mel's recipes contain the word "Famous."  I'm making a double batch of rolls, because a) Try as I might, I can't convince my people that soup is a meal, and b) They'll eat twice tonight, once before youth group and once after.  Oh, and c) They lovelovelove Mel's Famous Rolls.  A double batch will make me famous (for all of ten minutes).

I bought my Sissy's birthday gift today.  It's a stupendous gift.  Her birthday is in June.  Any bets on how long I'll hold out?

I feel chubby.

I also bought this sweet soap dispenser today. 

Can you read it?  It says THE NUT HOUSE.

Before starting this post, I put the ground turkey breast in a pot to brown.  Just now, I noticed a weird sound.  I cocked my head, trying to determine where it was coming from.  I scrunched my brow, closed my eyes and decided it was not coming from the teenagers in the basement.  I got up, walked to the back of the house and looked outside at the HVAC unit.  It was only when I came back through the kitchen that I realized the sound was coming from the meat, which was now permanently affixed to the bottom of my porcelain enameled cast iron cookware.  

Yes, I realize I shouldn't be confessing this.

Blogging somehow makes it acceptable to confess your foibles to perfect strangers.  I've got a fairly consistent supply.  Just over an hour ago, I burnt the ever-lovin' life out of a boy's grilled cheese sandwich.

He recognized my error with a little shrug before chowing down.  He probably wasn't surprised.  It probably wasn't the first time he's eaten a charred grilled cheese sandwich.

Yes, I realize I shouldn't be confessing this.

Is it all becoming clear to you now?






2 comments: