Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Life Happens

I couldn't write for you yesterday because we had a snow day.

It was a doozie.  The snow came down in the night, surprising those of us who rarely check the weather, preferring instead to live life by the seats of our collective pants.

The boys were up and showered and fed, so clueless were we, when someone looked out the window and, seeing white, decided to check the school website.

Snow day, indeed.







Poor Molly had trouble getting out for her morning constitutional, as you can see..

The trees in the backyard strained under the weight of fresh snow...

The deck furniture groaned under tremendous pressure...


...and the trampoline, with its lonely buried soccer ball, dreamed of warm summer days filled with boys playing raucous games of Smear the Queer.

Like I said, it was a doozie.  A real Northern Virginia snow storm.  It took me back to South Dakota and the snow storms of my youth.   

So now you see why I couldn't write yesterday.  Every last molecule of my energy was dedicated to survival.

3 comments:

  1. ummm is that really alot of snow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarcasm, Cher. I thought I was speaking your language. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh I was thinking that or they were just sissies out your way!

    ReplyDelete