Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Snow day?

I noticed that they didn't even bother to designate today's cancellation.  In the past, it has been

Incliment Weather Day, or
Ice Day

but not once this year has it been a Snow Day.

(Maybe once back in Ought-10, but it's just a hazy memory.)

At any rate, we are currently using our very last of the snow days built into the school-year calendar.

This is what it looks like outside my back door.



No, wait.  THIS is what it looks like outside my back door:


...which is exactly what it looked like on our last day off of school, eleven days ago.

I'm careful not to be critical of the people who make these decisions.  I wouldn't want to do it.  I understand that our county (and therefore our school district) is ridiculously large, with varied degrees of development and terrain.  I understand that some parts of the county have gravel roads that are not plowed.  I understand that the safety of every child in the district lies on the shoulders of whomever makes the decision to cancel school.

I understand.  I don't judge.  I certainly don't want that responsibility.

I would, however, kindly request that this person, or people,


SEND FOOD.  NOW!

3 comments:

  1. that is nuts, buddy. we have about a foot on the ground and i laughed when the hopeful boys wanted to see if school was canceled this morning.

    i showed them your picture and they want to move in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nuts. Boys played basketball outside all the livelong day...

    Send 'em. You should warn them that there are no Lucky Charms here, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My comment disappeard. REALLY-that was sarcasm

    ReplyDelete