Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Random Tuesday

1.  I went to the dentist today.  My neck is sore.  My jaw is sore.  I'm still hearing that scritchy sound in my ears.

The dental hygienist (at the new dentist, the dentist with whom I made appointments and then couldn't remember who on earth I'd made appointments with, the dentist whose office, mercifully, calls to confirm that you are actually coming to your appointments and thereby tips you off as to who your dentist is) is a lady I've seen at my gym for the last two-plus years.  She's a stud.  I've always been intimidated by her studliness.  She turned out to be as sweet as can be, but I still never quite found the guts to tell her that I've always admired her studliness.

Even though I firmly believe in women complimenting each other at every opportunity.

Having one's mouth eternally wedged open makes conversation difficult.  Although we did chat a bit about the seven screws in my jaw.  I have to admit that I purposely leave that little detail off my dental medical history.  It's just fun to watch the hygienist, and then the dentist, puzzle over my x-rays.

Oh, c'mon.  The neck?  The jaw?  The everlasting scritching?  It's a small comfort to watch them puzzle while I sit there, rubbing my neck and looking innocent.

2.  I just made a pot of green chile stew with a boy.  I used this recipe, mostly.  I was drawn to it, but I'm not sure why.

I love that boy.

3.  We're working on a puzzle of Rome.  We bought it a hundred years ago, after we had spent one glorious week in Rome. 

If you ever need a tour guide in Rome, I'm your girl.

The Wonder Hub got it out Saturday evening, after I begged him for a tv-free evening.  He set it on the dining room table right before I called the two older boys (plus one extra) up for pizza.  They chowed down and worked on the puzzle for darn near two hours, forsaking all electronic media.

We considered it a pretty outstanding coup.

It lasted until the youngest boy (plus one extra) came in and made fun of them.  His mocking broke the spell and brought to their attention that they were actually using their brains, and they were actually having conversations while using their brains.

They all immediately retired to the basement.

It was nice while it lasted.

1 comment: