Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Random Thursday

1. I hate skinny pens.  And blue pens.  Man, I hate blue pens. I asked the Wonder Hub if he thought it was normal for a person to be so opinionated about writing utensils.  He looked at me for eight or ten seconds and then said, "I don't. know."

2. Canned peas are not food.  They are a terrifying color.  And the texture!  Don't even get me started on the texture.  I shudder.

3. I might be the only person on earth who refuses to use texting shorthand.  After owning a Blackberry for nearly two years, I just (accidentally) discovered that it will autofill apostrophes. 

4. I put an avocado in the boys' smoothie this morning.  Kid #2 (henceforth known as Bubba) saw me do it.  He eyed me dubiously, but gave it a try.  He's far too sweet to complain, but I knew it was not.good when he handed his glass to me and said, "Try it."  After I tried it we dumped it back in the BlendTec and added another dose of almond milk.  He drank it without a word.

Kid #1 (henceforth known as Moose) gulped his down without comment.  Truthfully, he probably gulped it down without tasting it.

The Monkey tasted his and then made me swear that there was no broccoli involved.  Twice.  When I'd sworn and sworn again, he drank up and confessed,  "This is actually good, Mom."

Thanks, dude.

5. I make a list every Monday.  It includes all of the things I don't want to do.  My goal is to complete it by Friday.  Since I often lose the list, I've started using the "task" function in gmail.  It drives the Wonder Hub nuts.  There is nothing that man loves more than crossing off items on a list.  On Tuesday, he looked at my list and asked,

Did you get a new PCM and make an appointment?  
No.
Did you call the physical therapist?
No.
Did you quit eating Nutella out of the jar with a spoon?
Um, no.
Did you call about dental records?
No.
Did you finish the query for Focus?
Yes!


He sighed, and marked off the query.


On Wednesday he asked,

Did you get a new PCM and make an appointment?  
No.
Did you call the physical therapist?
Yes!
Did you quit eating Nutella out of the jar with a spoon?
Um, no.
Did you call about dental records?
No.


He sighed, and marked off the physical therapist.

The man clearly doesn't get the "finish by Friday" part of my list-rules. 

6. All day yesterday my brain was convinced that it was Monday.  Even when I or some reality-based life event would tell it otherwise, it refused to believe.  Imagine its surprise this morning.  Hallelujah, it's Thursday!  Even better, it's Thursday before a three-day weekend!  Exactly how this happened, my brain is not sure, but we've decided to run with it just the same.

10 comments:

  1. I prefer blue ink with a med. point and I am not a fan of the fat, chunky ones either! I am choosing to believe that it is perfectly normal to be that opinionated about writing utensils! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it strange that I have a favorite pen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might be genetic. :-)

    Did anyone get beyond my first random thought here???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you need to add canned lime beans to your DO NOT EAT list

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black pens are the only way to go, and I only use CERTAIN ones. I love that you write these random thought, my week is one big blur of random thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to see I'm not alone with my writing utensil issues!

    Teri--lima beans are not on the list because they ARE NOT FOOD. Canned or otherwise, you couldn't pay me to eat lima beans. Okay, so you could pay me, but it would have to be a LOT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The security word I just had was frity!

    ReplyDelete