Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

What I'm cooking this week

I wrote this post last week while procrastinating putting the groceries away.
I'm writing it this week while procrastinating going to the commissary.
I'm backsliding.

If and when I ever accomplish The Buying of the Dang Groceries, I will be cooking (in no particular order):

Autumn Soup.  It's gloriously simple.  Try it!  (This week I'm making it with ground turkey breast instead of hamburger.  It's better with hamburger, but I have ground turkey breast languishing in my freezer.  I'll probably throw in some beef bullion to trick my people.  I'll also sub sweet potatoes, because... I want to.
Mel's Dinner Rolls on the side or dipped in the soup (or smeared with a half pound of butter), depending on preference.
Thai Chicken Salad.  The Wonder Hub and I had a coffee date at Panera before church this morning.  I noticed they have a new Thai Chopped Chicken Salad and I decided to try my hand at making my own.  I'll let you know how it goes.
Butternut Curry Soup.  Because my people will look at the salad and ask, "Um, where's the rest of dinner?"
Grilled Burgers with caramelized onion and/or blue cheese, perched atop crusty rolls.  I'm not certain of this, but I think I need to give credit to Ree Drummond for planting this idea in my psyche.  Bobby Flay's Grilled Sweet Potatoes will round out the meal.
Breakfast, because I always need one easy, breezy night.  The Wonder Hub makes a mean bacon and egg sandwich....
Pizza.  Always, always pizza.  Caramelized Onion and Prosciutto for the grown-ups (although the kids love it, too) and a meat pie (using extra sauce from Judie's Lasagna made just for this purpose) for the yahoos.
Pulled Pork.  I'll throw a pork loin or two in the crock pot with a can of Coke and then use the tender meat for whatever strikes my fancy...probably BBQ sammies one night, quesadillas for after-school snacks and then nachos for the Super Bowl.

Here I go.  If I'm not out in 2.5 hours, send in the cavalry with an extra hot latte.

No comments:

Post a Comment