Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Two Resloutions

One serious, and one not-so.  I glanced at a headline in my local paper this morning that said if you want to be successful with your New Year's resolutions, be specific.  Here's me, being specific.

Serious
I want to understand God's holiness.  I know He is holy.  The Bible says so.  In a discussion about whether God would be offended by the "Grilled Cheesus" episode of Glee!, my friend Jessy left the following brilliant comment:

"I don't think I quite fully understand what it means that God is holy."

I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since.  Therefore, I resolve to seek out and learn more about God's holiness.  I'll keep you posted.


Not-So
Before beginning this post, I finished an email exchange with my CAbi lady and friend, Lorrie.  She has tracked down a jacket (that I absolutely do not need) and would like to bring it by the house tomorrow morning.  I told her to come at whatever time suits her, but to call my cell before she leaves her home.  She misunderstood, and asked if late afternoon would be better than early morning.  I paused, fingers over keys, and debated my response.  How truthful should I be?  Finally, I took a deep breath and typed the following:




I can be here at any time, but I'm likely to forget at any moment that you're coming.  If you call when you're on your way, I'll make sure to be home.

Last year, I may or may not (I can't remember) have resolved to not be such a spaz.  This year, I resolve to accept my limitations, present them frankly, and roll with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment