Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Random...uh, Friday?

What day is it?

I'm posting from a TLF (temporary lodging facility) on a military base somewhere in South Carolina.  I had planned to post a gorgeous picture of the bbq chicken pizza I made last night, sprinkled with cilantro and sitting on my new, Christmas pizza peel, in an attempt to demonstrate that not every meal I cook is a total disaster.  But, alas, I left the camera cord (and maybe the camera) up north, so you get a Random post instead.

1. The Wonder Hub and I tortured the children by cranking "lame" music on the radio and singing at the top of our lungs.  When we got tired of that, we tortured them with talk radio.  This was especially effective because Child #2 has no media privileges (no iPod) and Child #3 forgot to charge the iPod he just got back last night (after 3 weeks of no iPod).  Awesome.

2. My behind is sore.  And yet, here I SIT, typing this out for you.

3. Road-trip calories should not count.  They should be free.  The Chik Fil A, bbq potato chips, Skittles, Mounds (dark chocolate), and licorice should not be held against my efforts to fit into my pre-Christmas jeans.

4. The Wonder Hub is chewing licorice in my ear, being generally annoying because somehow it's my fault that he hasn't started writing the retirement speech he gets to deliver tomorrow morning at 10:00.

5. I'm leaving you now.  I have to go hug Wendy, and Rachel, and Becca...and maybe even some boys.

Happy...whatever day it is!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Karen...I hope all goes well Friday morning for you all!! I love your pics of the disaster meal and although I am sorry it didn't turn out, I am relieved to know I am not the only one who has single handedly thrown out a meal. I have had my share of disasters! HaPpY fRiDaY to you and hApPy VaCaTiOn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a Mixed Berry Omlete this morning. Man did it look gross!! It tasted...ok. There is a reason that most people do not make an omlete with berries. The pizza sounded really good! Glad I got to share in your fun road trip back to the north.

    ReplyDelete