Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Random Monday

1. I went to grab my workbook for the Bible study I started last week.  This is how I found it.

2. I belong to a great gym, where you feel part of a family and instructors routinely razz you for not coming to their ridiculously early classes.  I go to my gym as much for the social aspect of hanging out with great people as for the endorphins.  Since I started physical therapy, my new gym is the therapist's office.  I make the most of it, chatting it up with the therapists and other patients.  This morning, I was lying on my stomach at the very edge of one of those large, padded tables next to an equally large man doing pelvic raises as I held on for dear life and completed three sets of 10 glute squeezes.  I decided at that moment that society is overrated.  I retreated to the solitude of my mind, where a person can do her glute squeezes alone and with dignity.

3. I live in a nudists' colony.  My house is chock-full of hormonal males in awe of their muscular development.  When they were younger, the pre-dinner quote was always, "No guns at the table!"  Recently, it is more often, "Go put a shirt on!"  At any given moment, someone here is in front of a mirror, flexing.

4. It's never, ever me.

5. The best quote in a weekend full of great quotes was this: "Move over!  You're in the way of my flexing!"

6. Maybe you had to be there.

7. Or.. on the other end of the Skype call, where my in-laws were treated to nude flexing battles.

8. I hope they're not re-thinking taking a Spring Break trip with us.


5 comments:

  1. Is that a gun gun or a paint ball gun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh fer crying out loud karen, get rid of that thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was waiting for that! The only way to get rid of the gun(and 10 others like it) would be to exchange all these boys for a set of girly girls, which I find FAR more terrifying than any gun!

    Get past the gun, Bob. Read the rest of the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly Bobbi there are numerous pellet guns, arrows, and bb guns laying on top of my dryer shelf. It is sadly life with boys, especially those who hunt.

    ReplyDelete