Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sharp Knives: Day One

I cut myself.  With the bread knife.  Is that even possible?  With these babies it is.  I had just sliced some rolls in preparation for some NY-style Egg on a Roll breakfast action.  As I have always done with the old, antediluvian knife, I ran my thumb and pointer finger down the blade to clean off the crumbs.  As I have never, ever done with the old knife, I came away with a bloody pointer.

Good, I thought.  Now that's out of the way.

As I was applying a Band-Aid, my mother-in-law walked by and raised her eyebrows.

New knife, I shrugged.

Good, she responded, now that's out of the way.

About an hour later my husband noticed the bandage and raised his eyebrows.

New knife, I explained.

His response?

Oh, good.  Now that's out of the way.

3 comments: