Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Random Thursday: Some Random Week in April

1. What exactly does it say about me that I had the Random Thursday post completed by Tuesday afternoon?

Wait. Don't tell me.

2. I told the Wonder Hub that I would like to add "long-suffering" to my official title.  It would read something like Mrs. Long-Suffering Husband's Rank Last Name.

He knows why.

3. On a completely unrelated note, it drives the Wonder Hub nuts when I don't delete random emails from the inbox.  There are 136 unread emails in my work account, and one thousand eight hundred and ninety-six in our joint account.  It makes him crazy.  He cannot, for the life of him, figure out why I do it.

It makes him crazy.

Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday.

4. I received an email from the middle school librarian today.  It read:

The library book, Garfield, Bigger Than Life, was due January 24, 2011 and has a replacement price of $16.25.  Students are issued overdue notices twice a week to remind them to return or renew their items; letters are also mailed home.

When I marched my youngster to his locker this afternoon, he paused, looked at me, glanced down the long hallway as if considering making a run for it, sighed, and dialed the combination.  Residing inside said locker (ahem):

Two winter coats
Four hoodie sweatshirts
Three complete, stinky gym uniforms
Two pairs of flip-flops 
One sack lunch, moldering and unidentifiable ("Oh. I think I saved that sandwich for after [FALL] soccer practice.") 
One Garfield book

5. As I was relaying the story at dinner I tried to emphasize to the WH how much stuff was in this teeny little locker.  I said, "They're so small, I bet you couldn't even cram a sixth grader in there!" Immediately, from around the table rang a chorus of,

"Yes. Yes, you can! But only the skinny ones!"

6. Yes, I'm a proud parent.  Why do you ask?

7. Have you ever just had to know so badly how a book ends that you sit in the hot, stuffy car in the commissary parking lot for an hour to finish it?

No?

Me either.

8. I watched seven minutes of "Extreme Couponing" the other night on tv.  Is it just me, or is this another form of hoarding?  For the love, who needs 87 bottles of mustard?  I wanted to tell the woman that yes, she saved $500 on mustard and cream cheese, but a) what on earth was she going to feed her children?, and b) if she broke down the time she spends weekly clipping coupons/planning her trip/entering it all into her laptop/doing the actual shopping/storing her stash, she's saved about $.05 per hour.

No, thank you.

9. The beach house has no internet.  The Wonder Hub sneaked this little detail right by me when we were house shopping.  I freaked for a minute, and then got over it.  A week of detox will be good for all of us.  Molly needs to get off Facebook and spend time in the real world.

I haven't had the heart to tell her yet.

There will still be blog posts.

I know, now you can sleep tonight.

10. Fran just texted me and said that every time she drives a little crazy, Pastor will say, "Ok, Karen."

I'm all about leaving a legacy.






8 comments:

  1. this is about as random as it gets but somewhere in here i did have a thought. it would be so very fun to ready a random post from the wonder hub's perspective...truly. do you think he would do this for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me? I dime him out every week, why would I open myself up to that?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plus, he doesn't have a random bone in his body. He's all purpose-driven...which is why he's so perfect for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how I love Random Thursday. I really, really love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am with you on the coupon thing. what? seriously? MUSTARD?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I glanced at a coupon once. House shopping??

    ReplyDelete
  7. To clarify: "Shopping" for a beach house. For the week. A house. At the beach.

    ReplyDelete