Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

See?


 See the graduates far off in the distance?  That's when I started choking up.




See them marching in?  That's when I was dying, both figuratively and literally.  My heart was so full, so proud, so amazed that this day had come that it almost couldn't keep its own beat.  Also, it was so hot and miserably humid sitting on those metal bleachers, I think I lost six pounds of water weight before it was all over.  We were blessed with a light breeze at one point during the ceremony.  I (along with every other person in the stands) raised my arms just slightly from my body in an attempt to catch an underarm breeze.  Unfortunately, I discovered I needed to put them right back down...and that's all I'm going to say about that.



 See that?  THAT is my nemesis.  THAT is the beginning of Paint Week.  After three grueling weeks of mulching and rocking and power washing and staining and planting and cultivating a beautiful outdoor oasis for the party, THAT is The Thing That Didn't Get Done.  

And THAT, my friends, is how we roll.


See these?  These are the flowers we placed on the decorated tables outside, along with smaller mason jars filled with sand, shells from our week a the beach, and candles.  This is the last photo I took on Saturday, which means that I did not capture a single other detail about the big party.  

I did ask the fabulously talented M. Pryor to be my official photographer, though, so we'll just have to wait to see things through her eyes.

7 comments:

  1. I'm sure nobody minded the paint on the walls. If anything, it just re-affirmed that you are a real woman, just like the rest of us!
    The flowers in the jar are beautiful, and I can't wait to see the pictures your friend captures for you- GENIUS, by the way, to ask someone else to take pictures!
    Just so you know, if we were neighbors, I would've painted your room for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how you roll. who is holly b and can she come over?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would love Holly B, Carey, and she would love you. Why don't you both come over?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally stealing the decorating idea someday. I am sure you made the day absolutely wonderful for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The paint or the flowers, Cher? You're totally welcome to use either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, I need to post pics of what my walls look like. Even the ones that were "finished" now need touch up or to be completely redone. I send you a peek. It will make you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only 5 samples on the wall? The last time I painted there were 9. Then it took a whole year almost to get the job totally done, the area behind the hutch didn't get painted till this past weekend. It was just too much of a pain to move;)

    ReplyDelete