Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fingernails, Milestones, And Things That Make Me Twitch

1. I didn't write a blog post for you yesterday because my fingernails were too long.

I know I've told you before that not only can I not type when my fingernails are too long, but seriously, I cannot even think of what to write when the pads of my fingers aren't touching the computer keys.  It's like I possess some weird synapse that won't fire without the feel of the keys.  Or something.

Anyway, I just hacked them off with a toenail clipper, which was the only thing I could find.  I predict it will be Thursday before I get around to filing them.  I also predict several injuries will take place between now and then.

2. This here blog thing went over 6,000 hits yesterday, thanks to the lovely and talented M. Pryor and her candid collage of Miss Molly watching the Monkey kick hiney at lacrosse (GO BROSKIS!).  I really hope this budding photographer will provide us with more of her work in the future.

Thank you for reading my blog.

I love you.

3. There are many things that make me twitch, and I'm pretty sure that list is gaining momentum as I age.  At the top of the list is bad grammar, as you well know.  Another item on the list is incorrect Bible references.  Not that I am such an expert on the Bible.  Truly, I'm just a babe in arms there.  But when something, say the President's character in the movie Independence Day, says something like, "We are experiencing what the Bible refers to as Armageddon..." I really want to set him straight.  So much so that his incorrect reference rings in my head throughout the movie and kind of ruins the whole deal for me.  I wanted so badly to take him aside and ask him where exactly the Bible talks about aliens invading earth for its natural resources.  Or where it talks about Will Smith saving the day.  No, I think the Bible is pretty clear on Armageddon, and Chevy Chase's redneck relative from Vacation is not a key player.

Yes, I know this is not normal.  But it rattles around in my head and, therefore, I share it with you.

Thank you for reading my blog.

I love you.

So.  In closing I will share with you yet another sign from the village of Ocracoke and its grammar-and-spelling challenged population.

2 comments:

  1. Great. Thanks to this picture I am now twitching! I usually prefer my wireless internet WITH coffee, but to each their own I guess. And am I wrong or is it ESpresso? I am no expert, maybe there is some new fad I know nothing about.

    We love you too!

    ReplyDelete