Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

For My Girlfriends

I have a couple of girlfriends.

I have a couple hundred girlfriends.

It's true.

They lift me up.  They feed my soul.  They laugh with me.  They laugh at me.  They set me straight.  They speak encouragement into my life.  They cry with me.  They agree, or disagree, and they do it honestly.  They want to spend time with me.  They want to spend time with me.  With me.  With little 'ol me.  With cranky, head-in-the-clouds, two-steps-behind, dropping balls everywhere, half put-together ME.

They love me.

The value of this treasure cannot be written in any known numerical format.  It's all I can do to humbly scratch it out here in a weak attempt to make you understand.  Search the whole world over and gather to yourself every shiny object under heaven, and still you could not equal its worth.  The Hope Diamond, set free from its confines and shining in the sun for all to see is nothing compared to the rare beauty of these women.  The degree of excellence found in their hearts is higher than that of any dreamed Camelot, greater than any armor-clad shining equestrian prince, more profound than any philosopher's dream, of greater worth than the fairest fortune known to man.

And I love them so.

6 comments:

  1. Dang girl...Even if you weren't speaking of me directly I still feel like I'm a little part of that friendship! LOL...Praise JESUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, Karen!! :-) I would love to spend time with you again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those friends sound great! I hope I am one of them:) I would love to have girlfriend like you

    ReplyDelete
  4. if i didn't know you better, i'd say you were sucking up for a birthday present. :) love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carey, it's waaaayyy to early for that!;) I love you too!!!! So glad you are also friends with me, little 'ol me!

    ReplyDelete